21 Oct The 2015 North Carolina Hall Music Hall of Fame Awards
This year, we were honored to provide the awards to the 2015 Inductees to the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame. The North Carolina Music Hall of Fame was incorporated in 1994 to “recognize, promote, and commemorate the musical heritage of the state of North Carolina.”
This year’s inductees included:
- Gerald Alston, lead singer of the Manhattans, from Henderson.
- Eric Church, Country Rock musician, from Granite Falls.
- Chuck Jackson, R&B singer, from Winston-Salem.
- Warren Haynes, member of the Allman Brothers Band and the Gov’t Mule Band, from Asheville.
- The Fantastic Shakers, a Carolina Beach band, from Lincolnton.
- Jay Spell, musician honored posthumously, from Spivey’s Corner.
- Nappy Brown, Blues/R&B singer honored posthumously, from Charlotte.
- The Rev. F.C. Barnes, Gospel musician honored posthumously, from Rocky Mount.
The highlight of the evening was the surprise appearance and impromptu performance from Eric Church, who did not think he was going to make it to the ceremony.
No matter what kind of award you are looking to give out, Capitol Medals has all the options to help celebrate achievements both big and small. Give us a call today to discuss what choices are best for your event.